Thrust Maritime commenced trading in 2011 with a core focus on the development of high integrity Launch and Recovery Systems (LARS). Thrust Maritime have become global leaders in hyperbaric rescue for saturation diving operations, including the design, manufacture and rental of many LARS for the recovery of manned self propelled hyperbaric lifeboats (SPHLs) weighing ~20t and doing this in harsh offshore marine conditions (e.g. Bass Strait).
Within recent years, the focus has broadened to include the design, manufacture, integration, and installation of other high integrity marine lifting solutions including systems for submarine rescue operations.
Thrust Maritime’s team comprises specialists in all aspects of launch and recovery systems; with our design capability based in Glen Iris, Victoria and our manufacturing facility based in Pakenham, Victoria (Australia). Thrust services the global market from both a THOR / A-frame / winch rental perspective as well as through the provision of equipment and services.
Core strengths include:
• Deep understanding and application of safety-critical lifting appliance codes to ensure compliance, maximise safety and avoid operating restrictions
• Practical know-how designing, manufacturing and deploying systems to launch and recover manned boats at sea
• Full digital design capability executed wholly in 3D CAD with immersive virtual reality environment for effective communication
• Sophisticated simulation of vessel motion at sea combined with structural performance modelling for assured strength and durability
• In-house advanced manufacturing capability at our Pakenham (Victoria) facility for quality assurance and local control of the deliverables
• Design and manufacture of complete LARS systems including structural, mechanical, hydraulics, controls, electrical and winch
• Active-Heave Compensation and Active Constant-Tension winch systems for the ultimate control of loads at sea
• Advanced ship interface template systems, allowing rapid and repeatable installation of davits /launch and recovery systems – thereby allowing davits to be maintained in a rotable method – thus maximising Platform operability
• Welding of ultra-high-strength steel and other lightweight structures
• Development of patented lifting equipment for use at sea, driven by safety and practicality
Thrust Maritime works to a well developed management system which is certified to ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and AS4801 with Bureau Veritas.